Welcome, thanks for visiting
If you are looking to build your first website hopefully you have found
a place to get some help and advice
I have been using computers as a hobby since the late 1970's.
I never got much into programming or building of computers, I just like to use them.
I can usually figure out things pretty quickly.
Friends often ask me for help when something is not quite working right on their computer or when they are wanting to make a website.
So, I thought I would offer my services at a reasonable rate to help others in getting started to make a new website.
Think of me like the training wheels on a kids first bicycle.
You can use my help to get started and once you get comfortable with what you are doing you won't need me anymore.
Email is at the top of this page or you can use the contact form to get in touch with me.
A few things to think about
It can be expensive to build a new website if you use someone that does it for a living.
Also I have heard some stories about people that have used a professional website builder to create a website, and then have a falling out of some sort with that person, and have a terrible problem in getting control of the website back from them.
Here are a few pointers:
- if you are starting out to create a website you first need to register a domain.
- Do this yourself, don't let someone else do it for you and then have them end up with control of that registration. It is possible for them to "hold your domain hostage" should there ever be a disagreement.
- If someone else does register a domain for you, make sure you get all the information needed to access the domain in case any changes are ever needed to be done. This would include changes in registrant name or address or changes to the domain to point it to a different host for the website.
- Right now in 2012 a .com domain should not cost more than $11-12.00 per year to register. Don't pay more than that for a .com address.
- as of the time I an writing this, godaddy.com can be a good source for domain registrations.
- There are free or nearly free hosting sources that are available for many types of websites including those that are not selling a large number of items needing a shopping cart.